Pelvic Pain (Female and Male)
Pain is beautifully complex and we believe that any one has the ability to re-wire for progress. The science and treatment of persistent pain has dramatically evolved in the past 5 years and we are on the cutting edge!
This is very exciting news and has opened the treatment of persistent pain to many new avenues. Pelvic pain and injury that is not treated well in the conventional medical model often results in unresolved injury, fear and frustration which end up further contributing to painful conditions.
Treatment continues to evolve but since the brain is so unique to each individual, each treatment path is also extremely personal. We see many patients who have not received proper guidance because our medical model is designed for acute trauma and not persistent conditions.
Our first meeting is a conversation for us to hear your whole story. It matters because the details of your journey give us important information to allow us to devise a treatment plan. We have many tools that may be right for you and your healing journey. Along with your therapist, you will discuss the applications of various treatments and decide which are the right direction for you.
- You need a team of providers who listen, understand and guide. We are part of that team.
- PT should not “make you worse.”
- Healing and recovery is not a short process but often very mild changes can have profound effects in a short period of time when you can identify the pieces of the puzzle.
Diagnoses and conditions that we treat:
- Pudendal neuralgia
- Vestibulodynia, Vulvodynia, Vestibulitis, Vaginismus
- Endometriosis, PCOS
- Proctalgia fugax
- When everything is ruled out pain: abdomen, hips, pelvis, vulva, vaginal, rectal, spine, coccyx
- There are many, many more. Basically if you have pain between your head and feet, we can treat it!
Treatments: Any of these may help you on your path. We first determine the factors contributing and then devise a plan.
Sign up for the Oceanside Physical Therapy newsletter.